Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It works by blocking the release of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that tells muscles to contract. When Botox is injected into a muscle, it causes the muscle to relax, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines caused by muscle contractions.
Botox can be used to treat wrinkles and fine lines on areas of the face such as the forehead, glabella, crow’s feet, chin dimples, downturned mouth corners and neck bands.
The effects of Botox typically last for 3 to 4 months, but this can vary depending on the individual and the area being treated. Botox is a safe and effective treatment when administered by a qualified healthcare professional. It has been used for cosmetic purposes for over 20 years and has an excellent safety profile.
Botox can also be used for excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis and hair loss treatments.
At Derma we value your time and make it clear the steps we take to making your skin glow!
Number of Sessions
3 - 4 months
Pre Care Instructions
- Please come with a clean face with no makeup, creams, or sunscreen. We can provide facewipes if need be.
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Please consult Dr. Rebeca Dr Miguel if you take blood thinning agents such as Aspirin, vitamin E and vitamin A, Omega 3 and 6. Although it is recommended to stop such agents before the procedure, each individual’s needs are different and therefore be advised to continue taking such medications. These patients include those at risk of heart attack, stroke, and other blood clotting diseases.
- Schedule your Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Before After Photos
What Our Clients Say
Frequently Asked Questions
Botox is a trade name for botulinum toxin A, a purified protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is a neurotoxic protein that works by blocking the release of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that allows muscles to contract. When injected into a muscle, Botox causes the muscle to relax, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Botox can be used to treat wrinkles and fine lines in the following areas of the face:
- Glabella (area between the eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet
- Bunny lines (lines on the sides of the nose)
- Chin dimples
- Downturned mouth corners
- Neck bands
The effects of Botox typically last for 3 to 4 months. However, this can vary depending on the individual and the area being treated. Some people may find that the effects of Botox last longer, while others may notice that the effects wear off more quickly.
Botox is a safe and effective treatment when administered by a qualified healthcare professional. It has been used for cosmetic purposes for over 20 years and has an excellent safety profile.
If you are considering getting Botox, it is important to talk to your dermatologist to discuss the risks and benefits of the treatment. Your dermatologist can also help you determine if Botox is right for you and can recommend a qualified injector.
Get In Touch With Us
Need assistance? We’re here for you. Contact us today.